Below are links to high quality research evidence from The Cochrane Collaboration on a range of topics of which may be of interest.
- Active versus expectant management for women in the third stage of labour
- Effect of timing of umbilical cord clamping of term infants on maternal and neonatal outcomes
- Acupuncture for induction of labour
- Antenatal perineal massage for reducing perineal trauma
- Continuous support for women during childbirth
- Hands and knees posture in late pregnancy or labour for fetal malposition
- Immersion in water in labour and birth
- Position in the second stage of labour for women without epidural anaesthesia
This list includes just a few of the topics from the hundreds of pregnancy and birth reviews available in the Cochrane Library. For a full list of these reviews please visit Cochrane Reviews for Pregnancy and Childbirth
Information and Support
The full list of calmbirth® educators around Australia and New Zealand as well as general information about calmbirth®
National peer support organisation providing a range of assistance and advice for breastfeeding. Includes contacts for the Breastfeeding Helpline and local groups (via ‘contact us’ page).
Australian pregnancy and parenting website with active online forums and an extensive directory of related services.
Australian website with information and support for pregnancy, birth and parenting. The site is run by a private midwife and has a particular focus on midwifery models of care.
Australian website with a focus on natural birth and midwifery models of care. The site also includes detailed statistics about individual hospitals’ across a range of outcomes. Unfortunately this detailed information is not yet available for Tasmanian hospitals but hopefully it will become available in the future.
Australian pregnancy and parenting website with active online forums owned by Fairfax Media.